Hello!
This last week has been very busy. I am finally settled into my apartment and my classes, and I am getting to know my wonderful roommates and classmates.
On Saturday Saldi started- Italy's bi-annual sale! All clothing, by law, is a mandatory 20-30% off, and some stores are up to 60% off! I have been shopping up a storm, and it has been fun! It has been a real bonding experience to wander around the city looking for the best sales. It is also a bonding experience to attempt to walk in new heels on the cobblestones, but so far only one girl has sprained her ankle, and that wasn't a very bad sprain (and it wasn't me!).
Oh, and my camera died on Tuesday. It doesn't open anymore (?) so I am living off of the mercy of other people's pictures. It is quite depressing.
This last week in art history we covered most of ancient Rome. We discussed triumphs and the triumphal arches, the Colosseum, the Ara Pacis Aguste, Trajan's column, forum and markets, the Pantheon, and the Roman baths. We inspected the differences between the Republic and the Imperial systems and their influences on the buildings and use of space within Rome. I have learned so much so far, and I am very excited for the coming weeks. This week we start on the early Christian Church and I have my small presentation on the cult of relics. Wish me luck!
I miss all of you back home, and I envy the snow I hear you are getting.
Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good to hear from you. The sales sound great. Did you get a pair of boots?
The trips sound great.
Ruth
Post a Comment